The BoA Green Man Festival is an inclusive local event, with a special focus on children that seeks to foster a strong community spirit by engaging as many people and groups as we can in our family day of dance, music and song. Our last event was very popular with visitor numbers in the low 000s and we are determined to improve on that for 2022.
This is our fifth year and in that time we have become the UK’s third largest such event:
- We expect 54 dance groups from across the UK performing at nine locations around the town centre – that’s at least 450 dancers and 110 musicians.
- A multi-activity Kids’ Zone in Westbury Gardens including a children’s funfair.
- A Community Hub where 18 local groups/organisations/charities can show what they do and seek new members.
- We are working with local retail outlets for a themed window dressing competition and to create a festival town trail that will take visitors into their shops, cafes and pubs.
- Free all day concerts in St Margaret’s Hall and Trinity Church with local bands, choirs and singers giving their time for free.
- Live music in town centre pubs and cafes.
- A local artisan market showcasing the work of 27 local creatives.
- We always support a local charity and this year to is the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
THREE WAYS YOU CAN HELP The festival has been privately organised and funded but has grown to a point where we need help:
Entry to the festival is free to ensure it is open to all. Our dancers, musicians, singers and organisers all participate free of charge but we still face considerable costs for things like venues, advertising, printing, road closures, event insurance and first aiders. We can raise some money ourselves but still need £3,000 to secure this year’s festival so are seeking two or three sponsors to achieve that. Your name and logo will appear on this web site, all our social media, at least a dozen large advertising banners, 500 posters in a 20 mile radius, 1,000 leaflets, 500 programmes and directional signage around festival sites.
Email us or call Alfie on 07703 599 220 to arrange a meeting.
Help us to publicise the festival by letting your team and contacts know it. We are also on
Why not organise something for our Green Man Week – information here.
Or your organisation could take part in the day by creating a hobby horse or beast and “greened’ attendants for our midday competition of hobby horses, beasts and giants, and to join in our closing procession at the tithe barn.
Alternatively you could arrange a children’s activity in the Kids’ Zone.
If you would like to get involved please email us.