Bradford and around has a strong traditional of folk events.
If your event/group is not listed then email us to be included.
- January (circa 25th): Hen’s Orchard Wassail at the Tithe Barn organised by The Preservation Trust. More information here.
- January (mid) Wassail and Morris Dancing at The Bradford Roots festival. Watch for information here.
- May 1st; May Fair & Maypole Dancing at Christchurch School. Watch for information here
- May (mid): The Green Man Festival of dance, music and song. One of the largest gatherings of dancers in the UK. More information here
- October: Halloween – from 2020 the Bradford Black Dog wanders the town.
- December Late: Traditional Mummers’ Play by Bathampton MM around BoA Pubs. Watch for information here.
- December: Traditional Wiltshire Carols around local pubs. More information here.
- Boxing Day: Contemporary Mummers’ Play by Avonfield Mummers in local pubs. More information here.
- Boxing Day: Morris Dancing Holt Morris and Belle’s Angels dancing around Holt Village starting about 10am and ending in the Ham Tree for traditional music and carols. Example here
REGULAR – DANCE
- Bathampton Morris Men practice every Thursday, 8pm at the Fire Station. More information here.
- Holt Morris practice every Thursday, 8pm at the Mount Pleasant Centre. More information here.
- Bell’s Angels Ladies Morris practice every Wednesday, 6.15pm in Holt Church Hall. More information here.
REGULAR – MUSIC
- BoA Folk Club every Tuesday evening at 8.30pm at The Swan Hotel with regular singarounds and guest performers. More information here.
- Traditional English music session at The Swan Hotel at 8pm every other Monday. Join in or come along to listen. More information here.
- Traditional Irish music session on the 1st Thursday of the month 8.30pm at The Swan Hotel. Join in or come along to listen. More information here.
- Village Band (BoA) a group of local musicians who play traditional tunes. More information here.